Gateway Charter School promotes a technique that will yield improved academic results, self -development and character education. Teaching techniques go well beyond Florida Sunshine State Standards' focus into broad levels of skill building. These methods, when combined with traditional instructional strategies, will give our students a strong information foundation and skills repertoire upon which to build their future.
- CSUSA Core Curriculum - A framework that incorporates the formal performance based Florida Sunshine State Standards.
- Emphasis on reading, writing, mathematics, the Arts, and technology, as well as foreign language and physical education.
- Our overall goal is to establish a flexible "open framework" that supports creativity, high standards and a solid academic foundation.
- The Curriculum encourages steady academic progress as students build their knowledge and skills from one year to the next.
For more information on the Charter Schools USA Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum, please visit www.charterschoolsusa.com.
Curriculum Resources for K-5
- SRA Imagine It!
- Kaleidoscope (intervention)
- En-Vision Math
- SRA Number Worlds (intervention)
Curriculum Resources for 6-8
(advanced, regular, and remedial)
- Literature series courses I-III
- Word Based Instruction
- SRA corrective reading
- SRA Number Worlds
- Advanced courses: 8th Grade Algebra
- Art 3 (year long advanced)
- Computers I-III
- Exploring Lit
- Peer Counseling
- Leadership (8th)