Gateway Charter School promotes a technique that will yield improved academic results, self -development and character education. Teaching techniques go well beyond Florida Standards’ focus into broad levels of skill building. These methods, when combined with traditional instructional strategies, will give our students a strong information foundation and skills repertoire upon which to build their future.
- CSUSA Core Curriculum – A framework that incorporates the formal performance based Florida Standards.
- Emphasis on reading, writing, mathematics, the Arts, and technology, as well as foreign language and physical education.
- Our overall goal is to establish a flexible “open framework” that supports creativity, high standards and a solid academic foundation.
- The Curriculum encourages steady academic progress as students build their knowledge and skills from one year to the next.
For more information on the Charter Schools USA Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum, please visit www.charterschoolsusa.com.
We wanted to provide you with information regarding the availability and process for students to take virtual courses at our school. As a school of choice, we understand how important it is for us to provide a variety of curriculum and instructional options for our students. As such, we have integrated our own virtual courses into our curriculum that will be monitored and supported at our school center, by our own teachers. These “on-site” virtual courses are all state approved and will provide our students with multiple course options and direct support and monitoring by our teachers. All virtual courses are fully and completely part of our school’s educational program.
A complete list of virtual courses that we offer is available in the main office. These virtual courses will become part of our curriculum and instructional offerings for our students and families who have selected us as a school of choice. Since each course, traditional and virtual alike, are uniquely incorporated into our proven curriculum, virtual options are limited to our extensive list of courses. If you have any questions regarding virtual course offerings, you may contact us by calling the school.
We thank you for choosing us as your school of choice, and look forward to an incredible school year!
Curriculum Resources for K-5
- SRA Imagine It!
- Kaleidoscope (intervention)
- En-Vision Math
- SRA Number Worlds (intervention)
- 4-Square Writing
Curriculum Resources for 6-8 (advanced, regular, and remedial)
- Literature series courses I-III
- Word Based Instruction
- SRA corrective reading
- SRA Number Worlds
- Advanced courses: 8th Grade Algebra
- Writer’s Choice
- Art 3 (year long advanced)
- Computers I-III
- Exploring Lit
- Peer Counseling
- Leadership (8th)